Call for Applications: The Museum and Change V from 22-24 November 2016
News, News from Our Members, Projects & Calls, Museums as Social Agents, Audience Development, Museum Management | 21.09.2016
How do demographic changes affect the social role of museums? This will be the key focus of "Museum and the Change V" co-organised by NEMO's member the Czech Museums Association.
The theme of the impact of demographic changes on the social role of museums will connect five conference blocks that will consist of talks, presentations and poster presentations. Additionally, a student section will take place during the conference. The event will be held in English from 22-24 November 2016 in Prague, Czech Republic.
The five main blocks approach the subject matter with different focus areas:
- The role of museums in society - history and present
- Reflection of Conclusions of Historical Demography, Anthropology and Ethnology in Present Activities of Museums
- Current Demographic Changes in Domestic, Central European and European Context
- Statistical Bases and Economic and Technological Prerequisites of Changes of the Social Role of Museums
- Visions and Instruments of Change of Social Role of Museums
It is still possible to apply as a presenter for the conference until 30 September 2016 and you can register already, as well!
Find the more detailed programme here.