European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 Label
All projects and initiatives taking place during the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 (EYCH) can be awarded the EYCH label, as long as they meet the EYCH objectives. As a member of the EYCH stakeholder's committee, NEMO is entitled to award the label to initiatives and activities.
How does one receive the EYCH label?
If your project or initiative has a clear European dimension (a cross-border project, involving parnters from different EU Member States), is implemented by a civil society organisation and relates to or involves museums, you can apply for the European Year of Cultural Heritage Label through NEMO. Please fill out this form (typewritten) and send it to email@example.com.
If your project is not EU-funded or -co-funded or does not involve partners from more than one country, please contact the EYCH national coordinator in your country.
All projects awarded with the EYCH label by NEMO before September have the chance to be selected to present their activities at NEMO's Annual Conference from 15-18 November in Valletta, Malta. The selected projects will be announced in early October. Accommodation and travels will be covered by NEMO.
What is the purpose of the label?
The EYCH label honors initiatives showing that they support the role of Europe’s cultural heritage and its importance to cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue. The logo raises awareness for selected initiatives and reaches a broader audience e.g. through common public relations activities.
Through the label initiatives can communicate their involvement in the EYCH and heighten their overall visibility. The label includes a logo, available in five colours (and a monochrome version), a slogan Our heritage: where the past meets the future and a hashtag #EuropeForCulture.
Who can be awarded the label?
All projects and initiatives may be eligible to use the Year's label. They have to take place between 7 December 2017 and 31 December 2018 and contribute to achieving one or more of the objectives of the year but can take different shapes from research projects to exhibitions, campaigns and events. The final decision on awarding the label lies with the National Coordinators of the Year, the members of the Stakeholder's Committee (among them NEMO) or the European Commission.
What are the criteria for the EYCH label awarded by NEMO?
- have to take place between 7 December 2017 and 31 December 2018
- contribute to achieving one or more of the objectives of the Year, as laid down in Articles 2 and 3 of the Decision (EU) 2017/864 of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union
- have a clear European dimension
- involve several European partners
- relate to or involve museums
- should ideally ensure the sharing of knowledge and experience
- follow an inclusive and participatory approach and/or facilitate engagement of citizens and stakeholders
- have a short, medium and/or long term impact
- reach out to wide and diversified audiences
- could be for example exhibitions, education and awareness-raising campaigns, help to disseminat information, studies, research and innovation activities and the dissemination of their results, events such as conferences, festivals, symposia and more; the promotion of projects and networks connected to the European Year, including via media and social networks.