Crowdheritage is an open platform where cultural heritage institutions can share their collections’ metadata that need a fix or enrichment, and everybody can contribute to improve them. The site uses gamification elements and verifiable results and users are able to add annotations or validate existing ones in a user-friendly and engaging way.
- Catwalk colours, curated by European Fashion Heritage Association (EFHA);
- Early musical instrument, curated by French Ministry of Culture (FMC);
- Representations of famous composers, curated by FMC;
- Fashion garments’ type, curated by EFHA;
- Cities and landscape, curated by Michael Culture Association (MCA);
- Sports and leisure, curated by MCA.
Crowdheritage is an open platform developed with the contribution of the European Commission under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) program.
Its scope is to use the knowledge of the crowd in order to improve the metadata quality of digital cultural heritage content stored in Europeana, the European portal for cultural heritage, and in the databases of several cultural heritage institutions across Europe.
The platform will offer the possibility to cultural heritage institutions and aggregators to design and launch ad-hoc crowdsourcing campaigns for metadata quality improvement with gamification elements and verifiable results. Through these campaigns, users will be able to add annotations or validate existing ones in a user-friendly and engaging way.
If you are interested in creating your own campaign to improve your metadata collection, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.