CIDOC is the International Committee for Documentation of ICOM, focusing on documentation and information management in all museum functions. The annual conference in September is co-organised by ICOM Georgia and will look back at the evolution of documentation. This includes an analysis of current practice, also to inform future approaches and techniques. Different practicies, reviews and approaches shall be presented by the stakeholders in documenting and preserving cultural heritage ranging from educators to registrars, conservators, curators and collection managers to researchers.
Early Bird registration for the conference opened on 1 May 2017.
Call for Papers open until 5 May
Additionally, it is still possible to submit proposals for the conference. They should revolve around the conference topics:
- How did museum documentation start in different places and how did it develop?
- Cultural heritage documentation as knowledge management
- Standards and their application in museum documentation
- Documentation in excavation work
- Working with multilingual tools to support museum work
- Enabling cross-border, cross-sectoral networking of museum documentation to support research, education and presentation
- Challenges of the 21st century – Inter-cultural dialogue supported by museum documentation
- Implementing best practices in museum documentation
Detailed information about the call for papers and conference theme can be found at the conference web-page: www.cidoc2017.com