The European Museum Academy and Hands On! International Association of Children in Museums have been honouring museums that pay extra attention to children and their experience in the museum since 2011. Earlier this year 12 nominees from around the world were presented. The judges are looking for a museum that value creativity and innovation. They will also consider the ways in which an exhibition or programme can change the course of museum thinking or museum practice, nationally as well as internationally.
Join NEMO from 15-18 November 2018 in Valletta, Malta to attend the celebration of children focused initiatives within the museums sector! The award ceremony starts at 18:00 on Saturday 17 November 2018. Find more information about the conference here.
Nominees for the Children in Museums Award 2018
- Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House, Manuka (ACT), Australia
- Museums Victoria – Science Works, Melbourne, Australia
- LEGO House, Billund, Denmark
- Junges Museum, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- MUSE, Science Museum of Trento, Italy
- EYE Film Museum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Children’s Book Museum, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Railway Museum, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- National Gallery, Keppel Centre for Art Education, Singapore
- Museum of Puppetry, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Museum of Communication, Bern, Switzerland
- Winnie-the-Pooh Exhibition and Family Learning programme, Victoria & Albert Museum, London, UK