The conference aims to address key issues posed to museums from a social perspective and point out possible clues for the future in the areas of culture, art, society, education, economy and territory. The discussions will focus on what social responsibility means for museums in today’s challenging world, through the exploration of strategies to promote participation, networking and partnerships, as well as innovative methodologies for assessing the social impact of museums.
The main objectivesof the conference are:
- To raise awareness of the importance of the social responsibility of museums
- To promote approaches focused on the participation and mobilisation of citizens
- To highlight the contributions of museums to social transformation and networking
- To contribute to the debate on diversified methodologies for assessing the social impact of museums
The conference will take place online, through presentations, debates, interviews, round tables and posters dedicated to the following topics:
- Museums and social responsibility in post pandemic times
- Participatory approaches
- Collaborative networking and partnerships
- Local and global territories
- Cultural democracy
- Social impact assessment
The conference is bilingual, Portuguese / English, with simultaneous translation.
- Have a look at the programme
- Register to the conference Museums and Social Responsibility – Participation, Networking and Partnerships
NEMO organised the first edition of the EU Presidency Trio Conference - Museums and Social Responsibility: Values Revisited from 17-18 September 2020 during the German Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Slovenia will invite to the final conference, which is scheduled for 23-24 September 2021.