Museums have the power to positively influence society, youth and social integration. They are also capable of shaping thriving cities as well as boosting creative industries and science. Museums play a key role in society as a whole as well as for cultural heritage in Europe. The publication covers:
- MUZA: Community Curation as a Tool for Social Integration
- Social Relevance of the Rijksmuseum: From Collection to Connection
- Building New Connections between Museums and Society
- The Hunt Museum as a Centre of Learning and Civic Life
- Innovation Leadership in Museums
- Science Engagement in Action
The conference took place from 15-18 November 2019 in the European Capital of Culture 2018 Valletta, Malta. Marie Briguglio Annemies Broekgarden Jill Cousins Sandro Debono Mikko Myllykoski Ragnar Siil Raivis Simansons Marina Tsekou and Henrik Zipsane have all contributed to the publication.
Download Museums out of the Box - The crossover impact of museums as a pdf.
Do you want to read more NEMO Publications? Find all of them here.
Save the date! From 7-10 November 2019, NEMO will dedicate its 27th European Museum Conference to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals.