MOI will help museums to develop their capacity to meet the demands of a changing, more diverse, increasingly digital and ageing society. During the project period, already existing frameworks for self-evaluation and quality development will be further developed. These national and/or regional models will be cross-fertilized to create a new European-wide evaluation framework, with impact at its core, for the benefit of both museums and European citizens.
The framework will be developed in a series of collaborative cooperation workshops by the project partners. Throughout the process, the framework will be tested at a number of pilot museums and to allow stakeholders’ knowledge and needs to feed into the developing model. At regular Stakeholders Forums, developers and museums will meet for open dialogues. The final version of the framework will be published in seven languages together with guidance and promotional material. The framework will explain best practise of museum management.
The following 11 organisations are collaborating to develop the framework;
- Finnish Heritage Agency (prev. National Board of Antiquities), FI
- Istituto Beni Culturali IBC, Regione Emilia-Romagna, IT
- Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports, EL
- Deutscher Museumsbund/NEMO Network of Museum Organisations, DE
- Museum of Cycladic Art, EL
- Estonian National Museum/Eesti Rahva Muuseum, EE
- Finnish Museums Association, FI
- European Museum Academy, NL
- Museum Council of Iceland, IS
- Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz SPK, DE
- MUSIS Steirischer Museumsverband, AT