All objects in care of museums will at some point be threatened by climate change. Therefore, Museums For Future encourages you to show solidarity with everyone already demanding and taking climate action. Since the objects cannot speak for themselves, give them a voice so that they can speak for their future and ours!
If they could speak, objects might say:
- “Demand Climate Action, because it is threatening you and me”
- “You want to make history like me? Then demand climate action now.”
- “Culture needs your protection - Please demand climate action now.”
Take a stand for the climate and our future on 25 March by joining the Global Climate Strike Solidarity Action in 3 simple steps:
- Pick an object from your collection and pair it with one of the messages cited above - or create your own.
- For an in-house action: Display a print of the message next to the chosen object.
For a digital action: Use our prepared frames to modify a photo of your chosen object and feature it on your website/online collection.
- Let your object speak to everyone on 25 March: Post a photo of your in-house or digital action on your Social Media Channels using #museumsforfuture #ifobjectscouldtalk #climateaction
(If you are not using Social Media but would like to be a part of the action, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will share it in their channels with your permission and credit.)
(Languages: English, German and Turkish)
Join Museums For Future
Join as an individual or as an organisation. Make your voice heard, get inspired and get to know an international network of museum professionals passionate about the climate and future. In addition to the international community, Museums For Future also has active chapters in Austria, Turkey and Germany. If you would like to start a new chapter in your country, get in touch per email.
- Twitter @museums4future,
- Facebook @MuseumsForFuture
- Instagram @museumsforfuture