Museum Organisations Learning Exchanges - Facts at a Glance
Learning from each other, capacity building
Museums (organisation) management, daily work, lobbying, work with members
What is the learning exchange?
NEMO members visit each other in order to learn, to exchange ideas about good management practices and business models and to empower one another.
Facts at a glance:
|Length of exchange||2-3 days|
|Number of participants||up to 5 representatives from NEMO members|
and the facilitator(s) from the hosting institutions
|Grant||NEMO provides a lump sum of 600 euro to cover expenses for travel and accommodation (max. 3 nights) + subsistence per day (max. 2 days)|
The lump sum will be transfered after the exchange and upon submitting the reimbursement sheet, a scan of the Europass Certificate and the feedback form to the NEMO office
|Requirements for applicants|
- applicants must be staff members or members of the steering committes/executive boards of NEMO members and associated members or can be appointed by a NEMO member (proof required)
- applicants have to send a letter of motivation (max. 1 page), detailing how the exchange fits into the field of work and how experience will be passed on to the respective network
- selected applicants have to organise their travel and accommodation by themselves
- applicants have to submit their reimbursement sheet (provided by NEMO), the Europass Certification Scan (use NEMO template) and a feedback form (both provided by the hosting institution) to the NEMO office AFTER the exchange in order to receive the grant.
- Non-members active in the museum sector are since February 2018 welcome to participate in NEMO Learning Exchanges for a fee of 250 euro. The offer presents an opportunity to attend NEMO activities while considering becoming a member. The NEMO membership costs 250 euro annually, meaning that a non-member organisation attending a NEMO activity can become a member free of charge. As always are NEMO capacity building activities free of charge for members and supported by travel grants. If you wish to attend a NEMO Learning Exchange as a non-member, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more about a NEMO membership here!