NEMO offers free webinars facilitated by different museum experts in Europe about diverse topics in the museum field to museum professionals in Europe and beyond.
Most NEMO Webinars can be watched again on NEMO's YouTube channel.
Facts at a glance
- open offer from NEMO to the larger museum community
- webinars are free of cost
- 3-4 webinars per year
- workshops live-streamed online. Q&A is made possible through the webinar-chat
- The webinars are limited to 100 participants
Upcoming NEMO Webinars
The next webinar will be announced soon.
Do you want to facilitate a webinar? Please get in touch with email@example.com.
Most Recent NEMO Webinar
- From Museum Education to Public Engagement - Trends and practices in European museums, facilitated by Margherita Sani, Project Manager at the Istituto Beni Culturali of the Region Emilia-Romagna and NEMO Board Member, on 11 April 2019. The webinar was part of the BE MUSEUMER programme, led by the Georgian Museum Association together with NEMO and the Academy of Cultural Management.
- Museums, Markets and Eudaimonia, facilitated by Marie Briguglio, Professor, University of Malta on 25 February 2019. Co-organised with MICC and NEMECH.
- Maker-in-Residence: How museum professionals can collaborate with local creative partners, facilitated by Jenny Siung, Head of Education at the Chester Beatty Library, Ireland, on 30 October 2018. Co-organised with MICC and NEMECH.
- From Mines to Mind-Maps: A dialogue-based approach to museum planning at Spaç Prison, facilitated by Jonathan Eaton and Mirian Bllaci on 25 June 2018, co-organised with MICC and NEMECH.
- Museums for All? Going beyond ramps and toilets to embrace access and inclusion for Deaf and disabled people delivered by Michèle Taylor on 16 May 2018, co-organised with MICC and NEMECH.
- The NL Factor - A journey in the educational world of Dutch museums delivered by Margherita Sani on 29 January 2018, co-organised with MICC and NEMECH.
- The Art of Relevance delivered on 16 September 2017 by Nina Simon as part of "Museums Meet Museums - European Seminar", organised in cooperation with NEMO's member the National Network of Romanian Museums.
- Museums Health and Well Being delivered on 16 June 2017 by Mark O'Neill, co-organised with with MICC and NEMECH.
- The great revolution of European museums delivered on 5 April 2017 by Massimo Negri, co-organised with MICC and NEMECH.
- Museums as intercultural spaces: exploring new paradigms delivered on 30 November 2016 by Dr. Simona Bodo, organised in cooperation with MICC and NEMECH.
- La place des émotions dans les musées: le point de vue du scénographe delivered on 28 September 2016 by Arch. Lorenzo Greppi and organised in cooperation with MICC and NEMECH.
- New digital tools and techniques for Cultural Heritage and Museums was delivered on 1 June 2016 by Prof. Alberto Del Bimbo, Dr. Andrea Ferracani and Dr. Daniele Pezzatini (MICC and NEMECH) and organised in cooperation with MICC and NEMECH.
- The Creative Museum broadcast from Bologna, Italy on 8 October 2015 from 10:00-13:00 presenting the first outcomes of the EU funded Creative Museum Project.
- Sharing is Caring: Right to Remix? was streamed live from Copenhagen, Denmark on 2 October 2015 and focused on the impressive things the cultural sector can achieve when rethinking the logic of copyright in a digital age perspective and the obstacles when the traditional notion of copyright shall be challenged were discussed as well.
- Can museums play? was streamed live from Bologna, Italy on 6 March 2015 and dealt with different museums' approaches to play, particularly work and concepts for children and families