Our peer-to-peer learning exchanges allow NEMO members to share best practice approaches with each other - from successful project making to effective business models.
The NEMO Learning Exchange is postponed. The participants will be contacted with further information once the new date has been set.
The Finnish Museums Association invites peers to exchange and learn about economic impact of museums, museums strategic management, museum card as a tool for museums success Finnish museum law and museum policy. The participants will also get to visit the National Gallery, the National Museums, the Ministry of Culture and Education as well as the department of museology at Helsinki University.
Members of NEMO attend Learning Exchanges and Training Courses free of charge. Upon a successful application, 6-8 members (the number vary with the host’s capacity) will be offered travel support to attend the free training. The selection of the participants receiving the grant is made according to a) their profile and b) how often the organisation they are representing already has benefitted from NEMO’s grants already.
Non-members are welcome to participate for a fee of 250 Euro and they are not covered by travel grants.
- NEMO member organisations: staff and steering committee members
- Members of NEMO member organisations: by appointment of the NEMO member
- Non-members active in the museum sector.
- Professional development opportunities on an international, multifaceted level
- Networking possibilities with colleagues from Europe
- Insight into successful management practices and business models
- Overview of national or regional contexts and relevant topics for museums to operate in.
- NEMO members participate for free and receive a travel grant to cover their costs
- Non-members can join for a fee of €250 per course and are not covered by travel grants.