NEMO’s courses provide training on topics related to all aspects of museum work and are facilitated by international museum experts. Participants also get to share best practice approaches with each other in peer-to-peer exchanges.
In collaboration with ENCATC, NEMO invites members and the European museum community to apply to join the ENCATC Academy on Sustainable Cultural Management and Policy in Santander, Spain, from 25-29 April 2023. Deadline to apply: 28 February 2023.
Up to six people connected to a NEMO member organisation will be selected to join the training and will be covered by travel grants. The ENCATC Academy aims to foster new sustainable practices among cultural heritage professionals. It will also showcase Santander’s goals for sustainable urban planning, which will add a practical layer to the training on cultural sustainability.
Apply for the chance of joining the Academy to:
- Learn about the latest advances in sustainable cultural policy and management.
- Gain or expand awareness of the multiple dimensions of sustainability in culture.
- Acquire knowledge on how sustainability and resilience best apply to cultural activities.
- Get acquainted with the cultural actors that make the sustainable transition possible.
- Network: build and expand relationships with like-minded professionals from the cultural field.
People connected to NEMO member organisations are given priority and up to 6 members will be accepted to participate free of charge and covered travel grants of 600 euro. Non-members may apply directly through the main host ENCATC.
- Apply by sending a statement of motivation (max 1 page), CV stating your role and proof of membership in NEMO.
- Find more information in the call for applications.
- Deadline to apply: 28 February 2023.
ENCATC, the European network on cultural management and policy, represents, advocates, and promotes cultural management and cultural policy education, professionalizes the cultural sector to make it sustainable, and creates a platform for discussion and exchange at European and international level.
ENCATC has organised the annual Academy since 2012. The learning format provides an intense learning experience with a mixed methodology including lectures and seminars, enhanced with experts from the field.
- NEMO member organisations: staff and steering committee members.
- Members of NEMO member organisations: by appointment of the NEMO member.
- Non-members active in the museum sector.
- Condensed knowledge and training opportunities provided by international museum experts.
- International networking opportunities with colleagues from Europe.
- Professional development opportunities on an international, multifaceted level.
- NEMO members participate for free and receive a travel grant to cover their costs.
- Non-members can join for a fee of €250 per course and are not covered by travel grants.