NEMO Working Group LEM - The Learning Museum
The LEM Working Group continues the work of the LEM - The Learning Museum Network, an EU-funded project from 2010-2013. The group continues to explore topics around the fields of museum education, audience development, intercultural dialogue and lifelong learning.
Through various study visits to different museums in Europe, the group will learn and research on specific subjects as well as encourage the exchange of information among museum professionals in Europe.
The activities of the working group result in reports about museum specific topics:
- NEMO LEM Working Group (2015): Study Learning in Museums and Young People.
It focuses on museums informal and non-formal learning opportunities for teens (young people or young adults aged 14-25).
- 26-27 April // Dublin, Ireland
Study visit to different museums in Dublin and Working Group Meeting
- Report on the impact of Dutch museum education programmes on the European museum sector
- Research "Science museums and public understanding of science issues"
- 17 November // Valletta, Malta
Working Group Meeting as part of NEMO's 26th annual conference
- 7-9 September // Riga, Latvia
Working Group Meeting and Study visit
- 11 November // Ghent, Belgium
Working Group Meeting and study visit, as part of NEMO's 25th Annual Conference
Please note that only the recent activities of the Working Group are displayed on this page. For more information about past activities prior to 2017, please have a look at the Working Group's Archive!
If you are interested in joining the Working Group or if you want to learn more about the group's work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org