The Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO) was founded in 1992 as an independent network of national museum organisations representing the museum community of the member states of the Council of Europe. Together, NEMO’s members speak for more than 30,000 museums in 43 countries across Europe.
- We connect European museums and their national organisations to help ensure their place in the cultural development of Europe.
- We promote European policies that help museums to fulfill their role as keepers of cultural heritage by promoting their importance to European policy makers.
- We support European museums in their aim to learn through networking and co-operation.
- We show our members ways to participate in existing European cultural policies by acting as an information channel between European institutions and museums.
- We believe that museums are key players in safeguarding our cultural heritage andthat they play a key role in helping towards a better understanding within Europe.