This working group contributes to the sustainable development of the European museums through research and advocacy and provides a space to exchange knowledge and experiences aligned with tackling the climate crisis.
- We contribute to the sustainable development research and best practice within the European museum sector.
- We advocate NEMO’s key messages on the 2030 Sustinable Development Goals and other relevant initiatives.
- We keep NEMO’s members well informed about opportunities to take action on climate and offer expertise to help them organise their organisation's sustainable transition.
- We arrange study visits to learn about museum and other cultural heritage organisations addressing their carbon footprint and reaching their sustainable goals.
- We organise meetings and special programmes with guest speakers during NEMO’s annual conference.
- Setting the agenda and aims for our first active year.
- 21 November 2023 in Lahti, Finland
At the 2023 NEMO European Museum Conference, the group is organising the workshop Amplifying democracy: Museums as catalysts for fostering dialogue.
- Until then learn about our previous, and first, meeting that offered insights into the sustainable research and initiatives by KIK-IRPA, NEMO's recent report and laid down the foundations of the group.
Estelle De Bruyn, Head of the Sustainability Unit at KIK-IRPA, leads this working group. If you would like to join, please get in touch with email@example.com. Please note that NEMO Working Groups are open to NEMO members only.