This group explores topics relating to the fields of museum education, audience development, intercultural dialogue and lifelong learning. We organise exchanges and learning through regular study visits to different museums, as well as producing studies and reports.
- We encourage and publish researches on topics of interest of our members.
- We arrange study visits to learn about museum and heritage education practices in different European countries.
- We organize meetings and special programmes with guest speakers during NEMO’s annual conference.
21 November 2023 in Lahti, Finland
At the 2023 NEMO European Museum Conference, the group is organising the workshop Fighting climate change through art education.
Until then learn about our previous meeting in North Macedonia that highlighted practices concerning education, accessibility, inclusion and contested heritage.
- 25 May 2021
- Karleen Gardner, Director of Learning Innovation & Director at the Center for Empathy and the Visual Arts, Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia), USA
- 10 March 2021
- Patricia Barciela, Domus (Museos Científicos Coruñeses)
- Held exclusively for the members of LEM
Margherita Sani, adjunct professor at the University of Bologna and Project Coordinator at NEMO, leads this working group. If you would like to join, please get in touch with email@example.com. Please note that NEMO Working Groups are open to NEMO members only.