We will gather everything you need to know to get ready for NEMO's European Museum Conference 2022 on this page.
Registration and conference fee
Register via bit.ly/NEMOemc2022. Registration closes on 30 September 2022.
The conference fee is 150 Euro and includes access to all conference offers, including meals and dinners.
- If you work at a NEMO member organisation, 2 representatives from the member organisation participate free of charge. Additional delegates from the member organisation pay a discounted fee of 100 Euro per person. Please present proof of membership.
- Members of organisations that are members of NEMO receive a discount of 20% (120 Euro). Please present proof of membership.
- Students receive a 50% discount (75 Euro). Please present student ID.
- Partners of the project MOI! Museums of Impact pays a discounted fee of 100 euro.
We want to encourage the full participation from our colleagues in Portugal to connect with their European colleagues. Therefore, we offer reduced fees for:
- Staff members at the Museo Municipal de Loulé, who attend the conference free of charge.
- Members of the General Direction Cultural Heritage Portugal (DGPC) and ICOM Portugal, who pay a conference fee of 75 Euro.
- Museum professionals active in Portugal, who pay a conference fee of 75 Euro.
Who is the conference for?
NEMO's European Museum Conference is open for everyone and especially targets museum directors, culture policy people, museum educators, activists, students, people active in European cooperation projects, curators, representatives of museum organisations, museums interest groups and policy makers on national and European level.
We recommend that you look into your travel plans to Loulé as soon as possible. Please consider green travel options such as trains or to off-set the carbon emission caused by your travel. If you will travel by plane, NEMO will organise bus shuttles from Faro airport to Loulé and to the neighbouring town Quarteira.
More details about the shuttles will be added towards the end of September.
Information about taxi and public transport from the airport and from Loulé-Quarteira can be found below
The hosting organisation, the Municipal Museum Loulé, has collected hotel offers and recommendations for your stay in Loulé and Quarteira while attending NEMO's European Museum Conference 2022.
Most of the conference programme takes place in Loulé but there will be daily shuttles between Quarteira and Loulé for those who decide to stay in Quarteira, which has more hotel options.
To secure one of the discounts refer to the NEMO European Museum Conference when booking.
- Coreto Hostele Guesthouse
Book via loulecoreto.reservas[@]gmail.com
45€ per night.
- Coreto Hostele Guesthouse
Taxi and public transport
If you wish to get a taxi from the airport, there is a taxi queue at the exit from Faro Airport.
You can also book a taxi via the stations for:
- Loulé: +351 289 414 488
- Quarteira: +351 289 300 160
The hosting organisation also suggests booking a taxi through Uber since it makes it easier to travel within Algarve. Approximate times and fares for:
- Faro Airport to Loulé is about €20 and takes 20 minutes (with Uber).
- Faro Airport to Quarteira is about €25 and takes 27 minutes (with Uber).
- Loulé to Quarteira is about €10 and takes 10 minutes (with Uber).
There are no direct routes from Faro Airport to Loulé or Quarteira. You can check options for public transport with a travel planner app such as Google Maps.
The hosting organisation has provided us with a suggestion for travelling by bus to Loulé from Faro Airport. You need to take two busses and the travel time (excluding waiting time) is about 1 hour 40 minutes. The first one takes you to Faro and the second to your final destination. Click on the bus number to access the timetable.
Most of the conference programme will take place at the main conference venue Cineteatro Louletano. The map gives an overview of the venues and the sessions that take place at the different venues.
R. Dr. Frutuoso da Silva
Parts of the programme will take place at the following venues.
Palácio Gama Lobo
Rua da Nossa Sra. de Fátima
Rua Garcia da Orta 4
Sul Sol e Sal
Rua Sá de Miranda 23 a 25
Municipal Museum Loulé
Rua D. Paio Peres Correia 19
Convento Espírito Santo
Rua Vice-Almirante Cândido dos Reis
Assembleia Municipal de Loulé
Praça da República 44
Dom José Beach Hotel
Av. Infante de Sagres 143
Conference registration desk
Is located at the main conference venue Cineteatro Louletano and is open:
- 10 October 09:30-18:00
- 11 October 09:00-18:00
You need the name tag to access the conference events. You will get your name tag at the registration desk.
Covid-19 safety measures
At the conference we will make sure to accommodate to Covid-19 regulations and strive towards making sure everyone feels safe to meet and network.
As we get closer to the event, more information will be added.