The NEMO Working Group on Digitalisation and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) supports European museums to fully tap the potential that digitalisation holds for museums. A particular focus lies on the opportunities and challenges of opening and using museum collections online.
- We identify new processes, tasks and challenges for the museums on digitalisation and IPR.
- We provide decision makers, museum organisations and stakeholders with relevant information.
- We offer support and a space to share experiences and best practice in the digital context for museums.
- We shape NEMO’s actions in the fields of digitalisation and copyright legislation with and for museums.
What are the challenges and obstacles for museums in Europe to digitalize their collections and make them accessible online? The NEMO Working Group Digitalisation and IPR wishes to explore this question and is inviting museums organisations and museums to answer a survey on the impact of copyright on digitization in European museums.
- Monitoring the Digital Single Market Directive regarding the relevance for museums.
- A study to gain an overview of the legal and organisational status quo of museum collections in the different European countries.
- 11-12 June 2020 | Helsinki, Finland
Sylvia Willkomm, Head of Communication at the German Museums Association, leads this working group. If you would like to join, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that NEMO Working Groups are open to NEMO members only.