The NEMO Working Group on Digitalisation and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) supports European museums to fully tap the potential that digitalisation holds for museums. A particular focus lies on the opportunities and challenges of opening and using museum collections online.
- We identify new processes, tasks and challenges for the museums on digitalisation and IPR.
- We provide decision makers, museum organisations and stakeholders with relevant information.
- We offer support and a space to share experiences and best practice in the digital context for museums.
- We shape NEMO’s actions in the fields of digitalisation and copyright legislation with and for museums.
- Monitoring the Digital Single Market Directive regarding the relevance for museums.
- A study to gain an overview of the legal and organisational status quo of museum collections in the different European countries.
- 8 November 2019 | Tartu, Estonia
Working Group Meeting during NEMO's European Museum Conference "Museums 2030 - Sharing recipes for a better future"
Sylvia Willkomm, Head of Communication at the German Museums Association, leads this working group. If you would like to join, please get in touch with email@example.com. Please note that NEMO Working Groups are open to NEMO members only.