This group explores topics relating to the fields of museum education, audience development, intercultural dialogue and lifelong learning. We organise exchanges and learning through regular study visits to different museums, as well as producing studies and reports.
- We encourage and publish researches on topics of interest of our members.
- We arrange study visits to learn about museum and heritage education practices in different European countries.
- We organize meetings and special programmes with guest speakers during NEMO’s annual conference.
- Researching the topic of emotions and museums: how emotions are a pre-condition for learning and how museums facilitate emotional experiences and even aim to foster empathy in visitors
- Collecting good examples of how museums have delivered educational activities in remote during the COVID-19 lockdown
- Surveying museum educators’ needs with regard to the use of digital collections
The next digital meeting of the Working Group will be announced to the members once it has been confirmed.
Margherita Sani, Project Manager at the Istituto Beni Culturali, leads this working group. If you would like to join, please get in touch with email@example.com. Please note that NEMO Working Groups are open to NEMO members only.