This group explores topics relating to the fields of museum education, audience development, intercultural dialogue and lifelong learning. We organise exchanges and learning through regular study visits to different museums, as well as producing studies and reports.
- We encourage and publish researches on topics of interest of our members.
- We arrange study visits to learn about museum and heritage education practices in different European countries.
- We organize meetings and special programmes with guest speakers during NEMO’s annual conference.
We are currently working on...
Distributing the recent report on education and public engagement in museums and exploring themes for the next research.
5-6 October 2023 in Skopje, North Macedonia
The study visit will focus on accessibility, inclusion and contested heritage. The Working Group is invited by ICOM North Macedonia, and the meeting will be hosted by the Memorial Centre of Holocaust of the Jews of Macedonia.
Until then learn about our previous meeting that highlighted educational museum practises in the Netherlands.
Teaching for empathy in arts museums
- 25 May 2021
- Karleen Gardner, Director of Learning Innovation & Director at the Center for Empathy and the Visual Arts, Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia), USA
When nutrition meets SDGs with EUROPEANA
- 10 March 2021
- Patricia Barciela, Domus (Museos Científicos Coruñeses)
- Held exclusively for the members of LEM
Margherita Sani, adjunct professor at the University of Bologna and Project Coordinator at NEMO, leads this working group. If you would like to join, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that NEMO Working Groups are open to NEMO members only.