Have a look at the various benefits of your membership at NEMO both on personal and organisational level.
- Participate for free in NEMO's training activities to develop your professional skills in an international context
- Join one of NEMO's topic-specific Working Groups to get connected and learn as well as to attend yearly free study visits
- Attend the General Assembly meeting and get free participation to the annual European Museum Conference for two staff members of your organisation. Any additional delegates receive a discount
- Establish cross border collaborations, partnerships and contacts to other museums and museum organisations
- Be part of NEMO's partner projects
- Get tailored support to engage in cross-border cooperation projects
- Get information about relevant EU policies, funding programmes and stakeholders
- Be part of furthering political demands to EU and national institutions through the network
- Promote your work in an international arena
- Stay up to date with current museum trends
- Be part of a community representing museums in Europe
- Use of the logo and the mention of "Member of NEMO - the Network of European Museum Organisations"
- Full members
Bodies responsible for museums at national and located in one of the member countries of the Council of Europe. One full member per country is permitted
- Network members
Organisations representing more than 1 museum (eg. ICOM committees, museum umbrella foundations, other museum networks)
- Individual organisations
Museums, interest groups, service organisations for museums
- Museum-related businesses
At the 2020 Annual General Meeting, the network members voted in favour of adding a fourth membership category to better cater to a growing number of membership requests from museum-related businesses. The practicalities of the new category are still under review and it's foreseen to be official during the Spring of 2021.
The membership fee is set according to the member organisation’s annual turnover.
|Organisation’s Annual Turnover||NEMO Annual Fee|
|< 300.000 Euro||250 Euro|
|300.000 to 600.000 Euro||500 Euro|
|> 600.000 Euro||1.000 Euro|
|> 1.000.000 Euro||1.500 Euro|