Open to all non-profit European cultural organisations, the Art Explora European Award encourages new forms of audience engagement and participation in arts and culture, supporting innovative projects, across all art forms. Working against all social, economic and geographic barriers, the Award encourages access to arts and culture for everyone, and champions new dialogues between the arts and audiences.
Access the application form and find more information online (also available in French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German and Greek).
Applicants must submit either a new project proposal or an existing project with a new dimension. The jury will pay particular attention to the following criteria:
- Innovation & engagement: demonstrate innovative audience engagement, participation and access to arts and culture. We are looking for projects with clear plans for lasting impact and legacy.
- Partnership: ability to collaborate or develop partnerships within and beyond the cultural and artistic sector, for example education, health, etc.
- Replicability: ability of the project to be shared, replicated and scaled across Europe.
- Impact & reach: ability to assess the impact of the project in terms of the quality of the audience engagement and the numbers of people involved, and the ability to reach under-served audiences.
Applicants are invited to apply to one of the 3 categories based on the cultural organisation's annual expenditure in financial year 2019:
- Category 1 – cultural organisations up to €500,000 annual expenditure
- Category 2 - cultural organisations from €500,000 to €2 million annual expenditure
- Category 3 – cultural organisations over €2 million annual expenditure
Who can apply?
Applicants must be registered non-profit and cultural institutions or organisations, with a venue open to the public, from the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
The award is open to the entire artistic and cultural sector, meaning it is open to institutions or organisations of any art form. Museums, theatres, galleries, operas, orchestras, art centres, grass-roots organisations and other independent arts organisations, are welcome to apply.
About Art Explora
Art Explora shares arts and culture with everyone - locally, nationally and internationally - inspiring new encounters between arts and audiences. We work in partnership with artists, cultural organisations and communities, exploring all art forms, and creating unforgettable cultural experiences.
Our imaginative, contemporary approach encourages new forms of public participation and engagement, pushing boundaries with digital technology and mobile programming.
Let's unlock the power of arts, together!
Created by entrepreneur Frédéric Jousset, Art Explora is a collective journey bringing together many partners and already more than 1500 volunteers.