The programme #BuiltWithBits is closely related to the New European Bauhaus initiative. It starts in the end of September and will be finalizing in the end of December 2021.
The aim is for educators and their students to:
- Contribute to the New European Bauhaus movement by becoming active participants in the discussion of the future of Europe.
- Learn about Europeana's open content and the educational value of cultural heritage.
- Discover new digital technologies for teaching and learning using Mozilla Hubs.
- Increase problem-solving and collaborative skills by interacting with peers.
- Gain a new appreciation for the importance of individual and group contributions for a more sustainable, diverse, inclusive and equitable space for all.
By the end of the course, the participants and their students will have co-created their own functional, virtual and open access space using Europeana content and Mozilla Hubs, an intuitive and collaborative open-source tool for creating virtual environments. All of the virtual spaces created will be entered into a challenge, and the winners will be offered the chance to take part in a masterclass with Daniel Llamas and David Mingorance from the Macedonia initiative to develop their project further.
- Find more information and sign up online.
The European Commission’s New European Bauhaus movement looks to shape future ways of living that answer the challenges we face today. Think green, sustainable and affordable, alongside accessible, inclusive and beautiful.