Prizes will be awarded to projects and ideas that contribute to beautiful, sustainable and inclusive places, in four categories:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- Shaping a circular industrial ecosystem and supporting life cycle thinking
In each of the categories there are two parallel competition strands:
New European Bauhaus Awards for existing completed projects
- The winners will receive EUR 30 000 and a communication package
- The runners up will receive EUR 20 000 and a communication package
New European Bauhaus Rising Stars for ideas by young talents aged 30 or less
- The winners will receive EUR 15 000 and a communication package
- The runners up will receive EUR 10 000 and a communication package
Applications are open until 28 February 2022 at 19:00 CET.
The New European Bauhaus
The New European Bauhaus is about improving our daily lives, focusing on better living together in more beautiful, sustainable and inclusive places. It is about bridging global challenges with local solutions to achieve our climate targets and support a broader transformation on the ground.
A triangle of three inseparable values guides the New European Bauhaus:
- sustainability, from climate goals, to circularity, zero pollution, and biodiversity,
- aesthetics, quality of experience and style, beyond functionality,
- inclusion, valorising diversity, equality for all, accessibility and affordability.