The new funding opportunities are part of Cluster 2 of the Horizon Europe Programme. Cluster 2 gathers calls relevant for Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Societies. The cluster aims to contribute to the green and digital transitions and the post-COVID 19 recovery, while matching European Horizon Strategic Plan (2021-2024) priorities on democracy and governance, cultural heritage, and social and economic transformations.
A substantial part of the calls, with a total amount of 93 million euros, tackle challenges in the cultural ecosystem, with a special focus on heritage and industries. Most calls are Research and Innovation actions (RIA) and some examples include:
- Mitigation of the effects of climate change and natural hazards on cultural heritage - 12 million euros for the exploration of innovative and sustainable ways to protect cultural heritage.
- Protection of artefacts and cultural goods from anthropogenic threats - 12 million euros for the development of non-destructive methods and digital tools for the protection, identification, traceability and safeguarding of cultural goods and for the research of European endangered cultural heritage.
- The New European Bauhaus shaping a greener and fairer way of life in creative and inclusive societies through Architecture, Design and Art: 6 million euros
- Europe’s cultural heritage and arts - promoting our values at home and abroad: 9 million euros
- The role of perceptions, formed by traditions, values and beliefs, in shaping European societies and politics in the 21st century: 9 million euros
- Games and culture shaping our society: 9 million euros
- Traditional crafts for the future: a new approach: 12 million euros
Do want some tips of creating a successful proposal? Check out NEMO’s toolkit on Cross-Border Cooperation for Museums.