NEMO has been in close contact with HERI to inquire what museums are in the most need of right now. 75 museums from 16 regions in Ukraine (excluding the western regions, which are comparatively safer) have answered to HERI’s questionnaire on needs. The list is regularly updated online and a current list as of 24 March 2022, includes amongst others:
- Financial support for museum and cultural sector staff in emergency situations.
- Mobile phone payment for the staff working on saving and protecting cultural heritage from destruction.
- Generators and fuel.
- Packing materials (cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, craft packing roll paper, stretch film, corrugated cardboard rolls, envelopes, waterproof pack bags etc.).
- Fire extinguishers.
- Sacks for sand.
- Payment for cloud storage services.
HERI collects resources, including money, to cover the museums’ needs and communicates with those museums directly. The list includes price estimates of the different items to give an overview of the overall budget that is needed to efficiently help the Ukrainian museums and museum professionals. The page and list are available in Ukrainian and English.
HERI representative Vasyl Rozhko is available to answer questions per email.
Donations in EUR can be sent to the bank details below. The account belongs to Tustan NGO, which is one of the co-founders of HERI. Because of the war, it has been impossible for HERI to register a new organisation and bank account. Donations in dollars and Ukrainian Hryvnia is also possible. Find more details about donations and wire transfer in this document.
Name account holder: Tustan NGO
Street: Tchaikovsky, house 17
City and postal code: 79000, Lviv region, Lviv city,
International Bank Account Number: UA 55 325365 0000002600301609010
(for example: Routing number/ ABA- number for USA)
Heritage Rescue Emergency Initiative (HERI) is a newly founded initiative working with the aim of preserving cultural heritage in warzones and its post-crisis recovery. Right now, the focus is on Ukraine and all HERI activities are coordinated by the Ministry of Culture and Information Police of Ukraine, UNESCO, ICOM, ICOM-DRMC, ICCROM and other institutions and rescue initiatives in Ukraine and worldwide.
- Visit NEMO's page that gathers support actions organised by European museums for Ukraine.